Jain Center of Minnesota invites you all to celebrate Mahavir Janma Kalyanak Event on April 27th, 2019 (Saturday).
The event will start at 10:00 AM and will comprise of:
- Cultural Programs (10:00 AM to 11:30 AM)
- Aarti and Mangal Divo (11:30 AM to noon)
- Followed by Swamivatsalaya
Venue: Hindu Temple Auditorium, 10530 Troy Lane North , Maple Grove, MN 55311
Time: Saturday April 27th, 2019, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
RSVP – Click here You can also donate for Swamivatsalaya, Aangi, Aarti, Mangal Divo and Gyan Daan in the same form.
MAHAVIR JANMA KALYANAK (BIRTH)
On the 13th day of the bright half of the month of chaitra, in the year 543 before the Vikram Era (599 B.C.) the overjoyed royal family was blessed with the birth of one of the greatest propagators of the Jain tradition. His birth took place in the region known as Kshatriyakund in present day Bihar. The child was named Vardhamana, the ever-growing one, because from the day He was conceived, the wealth, power, prosperity and glory of the royal family and all the subjects grew in leaps and bounds.
An extraordinary physical prowess, an attractive appearance and a heart full of kindness were some of the special traits that Prince Vardhamana effortlessly exhibited from his early childhood. His exemplary courage and fearlessness earned Him the title of Mahavira – the courageous one. Respecting the desire of His parents, He married princess Yashoda, and they had a daughter named Priyadarshana. Though He remained a householder for the first 30 years of His life, living in the luxury of a palace, inwardly He was always drawn towards spirituality. His mind was always focused towards renunciation.
We look forward to see you all.
JCM 2019 Board
JCM Event Calendar
- Created JCM Event Google Calendar and linked it to the JCM website
- Provided feature to sync the Google Calendar with phones to get reminders
- If you haven’t utilized this feature, follow this link: LINK
- For iPhone users, additionally click this LINK to sync JCM calendar with your iPhone calendar.
Online Membership Form
- Online membership form is now available on JCM website.
- If you are planning to renew your annual membership or become a new annual or Lifetime member, please complete the Application Form.
Pay your Dues
Mail your check to JCM Treasurer Bhavin Shah.
532 Eastwood Ct.
Alternately, you can make payments using below link:
If you have any suggestion or feedback for the JCM Board please feel free to contact us at Jain.Center.Mn@gmail.com.
JCM 2019 Board